1. Size. First thing that I noticed right away is his size. For a high school junior Bryan is a physical specimen checking in at 6'5" and around 315 pounds he is a serious load on the defensive line. He is the biggest kid on the field and he uses that size very well.
2. Quickness. Now you may think oh he's probably slow but that simply isn't the case. He is very quick off the snap and gets upfield in a hurry. He pursues the quarterback or gets after backs very well. Within 2 seconds he's in the backfield wreaking havoc and making life miserable for the opposing offense. Michigan needs that dominant pass rusher and he easily fits that mold.
3. Multiple Moves. He can rush the passer and penetrate in a variety of ways. He uses the bull rush, swim move, runs right around guys. They line him up at all positions on the line so the ability to use a variety of moves helps Bryan and its very noticeable. He literally gets in the backfield at will and the fact that he has another year left in high school is scary.
4. Good Use of Hands. Immediately he has his hands on the offensive linemen and using them to get off of blocks. Whether its in his use of the bull rush or that nasty swim move he's very quick and has great hand placement.
5. Power. Much like former Wolverine Mike Martin this kid has some strength. Nobody that matched up against him was a match for his strength. He may weigh 315 pounds but its not bad weight. The kid has serious strength and can use it to his advantage.
Honestly what's not to like about Bryan. There's a reason he was the first offer out in the 2014 class and while many people thought it was only a matter of time before Bryan committed boy am I glad he did. He's a 4-star on the major recruiting sites but look for his stock to raise as well as more interest from other major programs. Defensive line is a need and while the coaches got good players in the 2013 class Bryan is a heck of a start on that front for 2014. Look for him to be a player to come in as a freshmen and have a legitimate shot at early playing time. Check out the film and let me know if you share my opinion.